The Cultural Association Sad Hill convene, within the Short Film Competition of Salas de los Infantes (Burgos), the short film competition WESTERN SECTION.
The idea of this section is to pay homage to the western genre in general and to make known a genre that is still alive and current today.
- Filmmakers from all over the world can participate and each contestant can submit as many works as they wish.
- All works whose completion date is after January 1, 2017 will be admitted to the competition. Works presented in the previous edition will not be accepted.
- The theme will be THE WESTERN.
- In no case shall the organization be held responsible for possible legal actions that may be taken by those persons or entities that feel offended or damaged by the content of the films.
- The works must be presented online, through any platform that allows the exchange of such files (Clickforfestivals, Festhome or Movibeta). The works may also be presented in DVD format or through platforms such as We transfer or Vimeo (to the email firstname.lastname@example.org). The works must be in Castilian language (Spanish) or if they are presented in the original version, they must be subtitled in Castilian (Spanish). The DVD`s sent will become the property of the organization.
- The works must be accompanied by an information / registration form (which in some cases will be provided by the platform itself.
- The duration of each work may not exceed 30 minutes, including credits.
- Awards: A single Prize: 300 euros + trophy.
- The winner must attend personally or duly represented at the closing gala that will take place at the Theater-Auditorium «Gran Casino» of Salas de los Infantes (Burgos), on January 2022 and during which delivery will be made of all the prizes. The organization will take care of the accommodation of the winners who must spend the night in our town.
- The Organization will freely choose the members of the Jury and the decisions of the Jury will be unappealable.
- The selected works will be exhibited to the public during the days of celebration of the Contest or in any of its parallel sections, being understood that the authors or producers, by the fact of participating, grant their authorization for such projections. The Organization reserves the right to make a copy of the selected works for its own use and public dissemination, guaranteeing in all cases the copyright and intellectual property of the same.
- The deadline for receipt of papers will end on December 10, 2021.
THE ORGANIZATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE MODIFICATIONS ON THESE BASES WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE ALWAYS THAT IT CONSIDERS IT NECESSARY FOR THE GOOD OPERATION OF THE CALL.
PARTICIPATION IN THIS COMPETITION COMPOSES THE TOTAL ACCEPTANCE OF ALL OF ITS BASIS. IN WHAT NOT SPECIFIED IN THEM, IT WILL BE AT THE CRITERIA OF THE JURY
L´Héritage de Pierre-Alexandre Chauvat (Ganador Sección Western 2019)
Draw your gun de Wouter Jansen (Ganador Sección Western 2018)
A la hora marcada de J.Luis Rivera (Ganador Sección Western 2017)
Red Dead Redemption: Shet´s Gold de Guillermo Oliveira (Ganador Sección Western 2015)